PROPOSAL [PODCAST]

Hi there folks,

I would like you to think about and come up with ideas for a (monthly) podcast. The host of these podcasts will be @cryptosi. He has done two of those already; here are the links:

I want to know if there’s enough sentiment to get these going again. DAO Members and Cryptosi have already discussed doing this again, but decisions aren’t made within the team. The community does.

The idea is really simple. A monthly (each superblock) a podcast will be put online/hosted. Subjects can range from development (technical) to proposals done that month (community) and so forth. To be honest those previous podcast didn’t get a huge amount of views. But then again, they weren’t really promoted by anybody or pushed on social media. In order to achieve a bigger reach, this should be done. This can be done by investing $ towards advertising and/or with the help of the community to push them.

Costs
Cryptosi is looking for a reimbursement of $90 a month (superblock). This amount will be weighted each month over the average price of $DVT for the last month. There is a limit to this though. The payment will never exceed $DVT 200,000. Seems only reasonable because that’s what Advisors and DAO members are receiving each superblock. Which means a maximum average price of $0.00045‬ per $DVT. (sidenote example: currentlly the price of DeVault is $0.00055087. Meaning the podcast would receive $DVT 163,377 if that price would remain the average).

1 Like

Also. This proposal will be reviewed and voted upon each superblock so that the sentiment for this proposal is weighted each time.

1 Like

I think a monthly podcast is a really nice and easy way for members of the community to stay up to date with the developments, especially if they don’t want to access the discord constantly to keep up to date.

Will be especially useful if each of the DAO could provide an update monthly with developments / planning implementation / ongoing proposals etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. What do you think would be the ideal length of this podcast?

1 Like

...those previous podcast didn’t get a huge amount of views.
but they still have value in my opinion. they are on youtube and show when you search and the content is still interesting and relevant and well produced.

Cryptosi is looking for a reimbursement of $90 a month (superblock)
I dont think we should start relating the cost of proposals to DAO payouts but rather to their actual value.
But I get your point. the current DAO payouts are on a level on volunteering and at some point I think we will have to discuss those payouts but yes thats another topics. The work that goes into a well produced podcast is in my view worth US$ 90. To those who are new here or dont know then we (DeVault community) have discussed and are currently decided on not to peg proposals to fiat.

visibility
A monthly podcast would help bring visability, create community etc. so I support this proposal. I think it could be interesting to host a jitsi meetup after each podcast or something similar, maybe just meet in discord, to tie the podcast together with the community.

2 Likes

I fully agree. And yes, this is not setting a precedent to pegging it to any value. We have to make it fair in some way. The incremental value.

2 Likes

That’s something I would love to see, it could be a great way to find out what’s new, what’s coming in the near future along with maybe memes of the month or possibly some kind of recognition for the greatest contributers to devault during the last month?
As for length, not any longer than it has to be. No need to fill the podcast with stuff just to make it last the allotted time. I think it should be as long as it has to be and no more.

3 Likes

Monthly podcast sounds great / i would suggest to upload it to lbry / hive/ d.tube / live as well and we all know there is a cryptoban campaign on YT

Also agree about not pegging Proposals payouts to USD or any fiat currency.

2 Likes

Yeah we definitely should!

2 Likes

I think 20-30 minutes focussed talks are good. If there is an in-depth discussion it would be better to break it out into separate segments. Few people want to spend 1 hour listening to videos IMO. I think shorter and more often are better than longer less frequent sessions.

2 Likes

I agree with Spock and say around 20 to 30 minutes maximum.

2 Likes

agree. 20-30 is enough.
more of a tl;dr person myself so 1 hour would be alot

1 Like

Gonna put it up for vote. We can see how the first one goes and go from there. I will put the proposal up for review each superblock/month.

If viewers arent as important but it’s mainly about having content etc, I feel that 30mins is just too long, I’m alot more likely to watch 10 x 3 min videos, and content for these bite size clips would be easier to make as well as refer people two directly if they cover specific things.

2 Likes

That would be more suited to tutorials I think, and things of that nature.

I’m hoping this podcast allows us to speak in some depth about technical aspects of the project and the opportunities they allow, along with getting some insight from the devs and teams as to why they chose certain solutions. Also as time goes on and the project grows, I’d like to give a platform to people who have proposals of their own, somewhere that people can ask them questions live (AMA style) and they can explain their proposals in depth.